Thursday, September 27, 2012

Q&A: Can you read my tribute to Ian Osborne's poem "I'll See You In The Morning"?

I wrote this about a month ago when Iano posted his poem, it was telling me to parody it, in poor taste I might add.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtTTx.fWRVo0yFcq2mYlSubty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110128080349AAXp121

Drink and Death.

And so to drink my little man, I’ll watch you getting wasted
there’s stupid mishaps to be shared, on facebook to be pasted.
But not for me you little scout, my bladder is a fading
quick grab my whisky really quick, this water is degrading.

I’ll not be here to watch you grow into a proper lil bum
I must confess I’m out of dough, better go and nag your mum.
I won’t be there to pick you up when evicted from a club
I always told you from the start “chicks are better in the pub”

I stand and watch you as I drink, and nearly piss a river
you’ve given me a wine so sweet, although it’s f*cked my liver.
My will is weak, more booze I seek, from an all night liquor store
and if not home by 3am, tell your mum I’m with a whore.

Not many things I want to say, for my speech is rather slurred
it is my fault I cannot speak with simple and easy words.
Well little man, enough of talk, time for me to meet my god
better have a special discount, for this hopeless sozzled sod.
HP

You know that scottish guy? The self-proclaimed greatest poet of all time.
Nancy

Let’s just say his meter I was inspired by, I wasn’t a fan of his actual poem.
discount wine of the month club.

hp:to who?

ok, M, I owe you something…he would appreciate this abomination

sitting before the day has passed I think
of souls removed and left behind in tears
with each I find my fateful need to drink
washing down the hardened truth of my years

in rooms and bars the walls close in on me
I feel so safe from harm your words inflict
the ugliness my eyes alone can see
every drop I consume will do the trick

for the life I lead I refuse to dream
in stained relief I see them underground
the many lost I held in high esteem
I scream from Hell yet never hear a sound

The cares of yesterday will not come back
my future lies in my next glass of Jack

♪♫damsy blues ® ♫♪ ™:egads!
this is the best I have read from you Michael… to be so inspired is remarkable, to say the least.

BukDaveMac:That turd couldn’t inspire a dead man to decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment